March 24, 2009

generation FB

as half of *~* is on work-vacay (come home soon), we bring you a guest post all the way from germany! herr kyle, is one of our besties and a writer in his own right as well as an expert on the human condition (check out his mumblings- shout out!).

without any further ado:

The state of Generation Y or whatever we are called now:

I got an email from a friend I hadn't heard from in a while. She is 24 also, but doesn't have facebook, so I don't really know the minutae of her daily life, except for the info from the twice-yearly or so emails she sends. This makes me feel all weird and uncomfortable inside because given the ability to properly stalk her, I would certainly comment on her pictures, posted items, and perhaps even drunkenly poke her from time to time. Realizing that she also hasn't been subjected to my status updates, I have to try and sum up 6 months of events and activities in an email, something that my twitter-addled brain doesn't seem capable of doing anymore.

Anyways, she sent a chain email consisting basically of FB's 25 Things craze, but in a slightly different topic format of 3 things you may not know about her in each category. I couldn't help but think it seemed so *~*old-fashioned*~*. Reply All in order to comment? I think not. Thumb (excuse me, scroll) through addresses to resend it to people? Thank you, but I go by pictures and full names. No viral news-feed to make sure everyone I know has the ability to find it for all or posterity? That's just so 90's of you email.

You serve your purpose Gmail, but facebook captures a little bit more of my heart every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment