May 6, 2009

feel the power, feel the pleasure.

over the past few days, brooklyn has been buzzing with news about the hipster grifter. a certain kari ferrel, a fellow loca rising from the mormon hills of salt lake city, has been caught and the case laid to rest.

for those of you out of the loop, the short version of the dramz is that ms. ferrel made up stories from the left coast to this eastern inferno about her abusive parents, terminal cancer, and stolen identities/bank fraud. she then managed to con peeps out of $60,000 in cold, hard cash. along the way, she GOT.IT.ON. with many a man by passing explicit notes to bartenders at our fave hot spots (i love you union pool) signed "korean abdul jabar." although kari seems as entertaining as any pathological liar, it's probs best for the rest of us hoping to pick up the fine men in williamsburg that she's now behind bars.

a trademark of kari was a giant pheonix tattoo on her chest. this has made me think a lot about my own power animal and what that would be. to get you thinking about yours, you read this glorious ode:

I am the buffalo that thunders
I am the eagle that soars
I am the giraffe majestic against the African sky
I am the elephant who walks in wisdom
I am the tiger tireless in beauty
I am the force that embodies the best and highest that we are
I am pure and raw and unleashed
I am the power of the power animals unleashed upon this world

after taking a walk through the enchanted forest my power animal has turned out to be the zebra. while i'm kind of pissed i didn't get the narwhal, i've done as instructed: taken a deep breath and let the spirit of the zebra fill me.

please reveal your power animals.

oh, and to kari: i think you might be feeling your power animal a little too much.pls tone it down with a messenger pigeon or maybe something like a baby kangaroo.

1 comment: